Skip to main content

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest Allison Okamitsu

Hello and welcome to our Crazy Crafters Special Guest Blog hop - today we have the amazing Allison Okamitsu from Canada joining us - so exciting!  Allison is very talent and has been an Artisan team member on 3 separate occasions (living my dream), and has many, many Stampin' Up! achievements, you may be familiar with her blog Nice People Stamp

Deciding which one of Allison's amazing creations to CASE was a challenge, I decided on the below - I liked the stamped edge and thin edge layer with the raised focal point in the centre.


Here's my CASE of Allison's beautiful project:


I used the gorgeous Petal Palette Bundle which contains 15 stamps and 10 framelit dies -  for my project I've used 2 of the smaller floral stamps to create the border, and coloured them with Stampin' Blends - all too often we forget about the smaller images in our stamp set, and border stamping is a great way to utilise them! The sentiment and banner framelit die as well as the cute little bird are also in the bundle.

Next was to create the centre , I die cut the foliage, and stamped and cut and coloured the bird with Blends too. My sentiment wasn't popping as much I liked, so I created a fine edging using Basic Black die cut labels, lastly I adding rhinestones and a Petal Passion  embellishment to the Organza Ribbon bow.



I made the sentiment banner pop by cutting additional die cuts in Basic Black, and then cut them in half and layered behind the stamped sentiment to match the thin layer around the border stamping.

So, sit back and take your time to hop all the way around our Crazy Crafters hop and see all the incredible creations, and if you have a chance please leave a comment, we love receiving comments! You are currently on my blog, Sue Vine - Miss Pinks Craft Spot, check  where to head to next in the list below. Thanks for hopping with us. 


Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project - I've made a quick tutorial on making this project for you to view - be sure to check out how I created the edge around the sentiment die cut, it really makes it pop!



I would love to update you when I create a post! If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Stampin' Up news, updates and Sales. 

Why not turn something you love into so much more....By joining my team and getting the Stampin' Up!® Starter kit for $169 and you get to choose $235 of ANY current Stampin' Up!® product when you join PLUS during Sale-a-Bration also choose 2 FREE stamp sets - such a great offer, too good to miss!  I would LOVE to welcome you to my team - Ink Obsession, why not JOIN NOW


When shopping  remember to use the current Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog at the check out and you will be eligible for a Thank You gift for for shopping with me  - Learn more here - be sure to click YES that you allow me as your demonstrator to contact you in your account settings otherwise I won't be able to forward your Thank You gift. 


Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love using stamps as a boarder, it’s just so effective. Lovely colouring with the blends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! That's an awesome CASE! You've included so many little details and they're all just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue your take on Alison's card is stunning. Love how you have put this card together with the gorgeous border and cute bird as your focal point. Totally nailed it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft and delicate card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on Allison's card Sue! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue your card is gorgeous I love the colour combo..such an elegant card. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect CASE Sue. So feminine and pretty. Love the detail on the bow x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, the little sprigs are the icing on top! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo delicate and pretty Sue! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Sue. Love your bow topped with the metal embellishment. That little blue birdie is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...