Skip to main content

Owl Punch Reindeer Gift Card Holder

Gift cards can be a great present for someone that can be difficult to buy for - I've come up with what I think is a fabulous way to dress the gift card and make a lovely personalised gift

 

Rudolf is made from the amazing Owl Punch, the little owl feet have been trimmed off and the nose is cut with the punch too. The antlers are made from the Tree Builder punch. I saw my daughter watching Mr Maker during the week, she just loves "googly eyes", so I opted for them rather than the Owl punch eyes in this instance.

I used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch to create the Tag, then made a template to make the case to slide it into.  The heat embossed sentiment is from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set. 

 

I decided to mount the Gift Card Case onto a card so that we can write a message, but you could just leave gift just using the Case.

To finish off I gave the the white cardstock a touch of winter cheer with the Softly Falling TIEF - I just love this embossing folder - needed to cool down somehow here in Adelaide - just been through a December heatwave record with 4 consecutive days over 40C/104F and its heating up again just in time for Christmas!

I am just adoring this colour combo - Whisper White, Soft Sky & Cherry Cobbler, I never would have thought of it until a saw a similar combo on one of Brian King's cards which featured Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White.

I am entering this project in the and the following challenges and Just Add Ink #293:



I hope you have enjoyed my project; I would love to update you when I create a post! If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Stampin' Up news, updates and Sales.

Thanks for visiting,
It's Year End Sale time!  For those that live in Australia and want to get a bargain click here to see what is on offer at my online store.


Use the Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog when you check out and you will be eligible for a Thank You gift for for shopping with me - Learn more here - be sure to click YES that you allow me as your demonstrator to contact you in your account settings otherwise I won't be able to forward your Thank You gift.


For those that live in Australia - you can go shopping for all of your supplies to make this project at my online store. Just click on the pictures below to add them to your shopping cart.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sue - this is so stinkin' ADORABLE! I love Rudolf's googlie little eyes and also a gift card pocket is so clever. You have combined both challenges perfectly.
    Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week, wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Sue! I love the little pouch you've created - how adorable! Thanks for the shoutout you have me in the post, too. :) Thank you so much for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge for the Global Design Project - glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute, Sue! Rudolf is adorable and his googly eyes are perfect! Your pocket hiding behind him is such a clever way to house a gift card too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colour combination on this punch art cutie is great. It is amazing where we can gain inspiration. Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project with us. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and so creative Sue! Loving the tag detail too! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I love how you combined the sketch and Bibi's card for a really fun Christmas card. Thanks for playing along with us at Global Design Project this week and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Favorite Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue this is a fantastic idea!!! I've got a few more to make (even though it's past Christmas) and I think I'l definitely be making one of these. Love that little reindeer too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at JAI.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...