Skip to main content

Boys Will Be Boys

Maybe it is because I have watched the Star Wars saga within the past fortnight, but I couldn't help myself when I took a look at Boys Will Be Boys stamp set on my shelf - maybe it was "the force" telling me to use this set again as it is retiring on May 31st!



My robot has a lot more blue than R2D2, but I think he is still as cute!


I've made a resolve to try to use my Designer Series Paper (rather than just look at how pretty it is), and it is still a struggle, but YAY! I did it - I cut a sheet of It's My Party DSP for the back drop to my clunky little friend!

This set brings back memories of growing up, Lego, building blocks and a YoYo! 


The layout and colour combo of this card are inspired by the following challenges:

http://palspaperarts.com/2016/04/28/ppa298-a-sketch-challenge-from-ginger-toivonen/  



Hope you enjoyed viewing my card today, I would love to update you when I create a post! If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Stampin' Up news, updates and Sales.


The new 2016 -2017 Annual Catalogue is coming,  subscribe HERE for your copy. 

Don't miss out on any retiring products from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue or 2016 Occasions Catalogue, all these items are available WHILE STOCKS LAST, so when they're gone, they're gone.  Click on the image below to to shop now


Retiring Products

When shopping  remember to use the current Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog at the check out and you will be eligible for a Thank You gift for for shopping with me  - Learn more here - be sure to click YES that you allow me as your demonstrator to contact you in your account settings otherwise I won't be able to forward your Thank You gift. 


http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=120300&dbwsdemoid=4013766

Have you ever thought about joining Stampin Up? Why not turn something you Love into so much more .... Pay $169 and get $235 of product of your choice with free shipping! Click here to learn more.


Comments

  1. Fun card, Sue! I love how you've combined these challenges - what a great showcase of both. I'm going to miss this guy. Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Global Design Project color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set! I hardly ever see anyone use it, and you have made such a beautiful card with it! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! The robot looks so real I expect him to walk right off the page. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. I know whoever you give it to will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and lovely layers! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project ~ Krista from Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sue. I'm sure any kid would love this. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Project Pinterest Board xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...