Skip to main content

Flurry of Wishes - Neutral Theme

How exciting, "Case the Designer" is the theme for the Global Design Project this week.

If you are not famililar with this type of challenge, you basically get to choose what inspires you on the card provided and go from there, eg Colour, Stamp Set, Layout, Theme etc

There are so many elements to choose from, I decided on Colour for my inspiration/challenge as Neutral tones - something I haven't done before, but with the familiarity of the Wondrous Wreath stamp set:


Here is the card that Louise Sharp provided for our inspiration this week:


I purchased the Wondrous Wreath Bundle as my first SU Bundle - I love it.  It is so easy to use, and I had never thought of using neutral tones until I saw Louise's card.


I made a card similar to this several weeks ago in frosty Christmas colours; but WOW, I was blown away by how this turned out in Neutrals.

I opted for gold embossing on the berries and  added some gold cording trim to suspend the wreath from the circles cut with thinlets and a little bell for the embellishment.

Thank you Louise, now I have another colour combo for this beautiful Bundle set!

Thanks for visiting to day,
 
For those that live in Australia - you can go shopping for all of your supplies to make this card at my online store. Just click on the pictures below to add them to your shopping cart. If you use the Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog when you check out, any order with a minimum spend of $50 will receive a sample pack of paper as a Thank You for shopping with me.

Comments

  1. Hi Sue!
    Firstly...I love the name of your and colour of your blog ;)
    WOW, this is amazing and so clever how you have it hanging, I would never have thought of doing that! That's why I love these challenges, so many ideas and inspiration from just one card. Thank you so much for playing along to our Global Design Project this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louise - I love the design of your Blog too, I have been there on many occasions when Linking to see your lovely cards, I always say "you can never have too much Pink"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that little bell is adorable, you smashed the sketch Sue, I adore your card and did not believe that Louise's card could be any cuter but you just pushed it to the next level!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, what a lovely card - I like the hanging wreath and the tiny bell gives it a very special look.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...