Skip to main content

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest Allison Okamitsu


Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop for March 2016, we have the great pleasure to have Allison Okamitsu as special guest.  

This month we have the pleasure to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) a project that has been created by Allison.  After viewing and reading Allison's blog posts, I have chosen this beautiful watercolour card.


I haven't used the heat emboss technique for watercolouring before, so I thought I would give it a try, here is my card



I have used masking technique on the lovely Corner Garden stamp for my flowers, the sentiment is from Butterfly Basics

I would love it if you could pin my cards! Thank you so much to Alison for your time and inspiration. So make sure you hop all the way around our Crazy Crafters hop and see all the incredible ideas, and if you have a chance please leave a comment, we love receiving comments. You are currently on my blog - Sue Vine, check who is below me and that is where to head to next! Thanks for hopping with us.


I would love to update you when I create a post! If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Stampin' Up news, updates and Sales.


Thanks for visiting today,


 If you use the current Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog at the check out and you will be eligible for a Thank You gift for for shopping with me  - Learn more here - be sure to click YES that you allow me as your demonstrator to contact you in your account settings otherwise I won't be able to forward your Thank You gift. 

Remember Sale-a-Bration is THE MOST exciting time in the Stampin' Up!® Calendar as it means FREE products. EVERY $90AUD you spend you get a free exclusive Sale-a-Bration product! There is no limit to the amount you can earn either.

Click here to learn more about the fabulous benefits of the Sale- A- Bration event, and here to see the exclusive freebie products on offer for a limited time.


Turn something you love into so much more .... Pay $169 and get $295 of product! 
That's $126 of FREE product
Click Here to join and take advantage of the extra product bonus during Sale-A-Bration


Comments

  1. Beautiful Sue!

    *cookies can be given out after all ;) *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue! This is breathtaking! Oh my. So much talent in the Crazy Crafters team. Amazing take on Allison's Card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie, it was an honour to have the opportunity to CASE Alison.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Striking. Elegant. Just Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sue.....am loving the technique you have used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great technique, so easy and gives a lovely effect

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and captivating Sue. Love how you've used the white heat embossing with watercolour it makes it so elegant. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue! Very soft and pretty. Love the watercoloring and the masking adds so much depth too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Always wow! I love the way you have used the corner garden stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose, I'm always trying to think of ways to use stamps a bit different to the "norm" to give a "wow" :)

      Delete
  8. This turned out beautifully, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Sue. Love the look you've achieved with this technique. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Love the colours & I have never thought of using my corner garden stamp like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a soft, lovely card - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a stunning card! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning Sue, a well finished project. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue - this is an unbelievably wonderful use of Corner Garden. Your card is so soft and beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, it definitely gives a different visual of for Corner Garden by using masking. Such lovely stamp :)

      Delete
  15. A stamp I do not own...how did I miss it? It's a beautiful card, very pretty and love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sue! I love your soft and beautiful flowers! Just so pretty!
    xo Allison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...