Skip to main content

Monocromatic Mint Macaron | #GDP076

I'm playing along at the Global Design Project today, this week the challenge is 'CASE the Designer', no other than the amazing Kylie Bertucci.

I took my inspiration from Kylie's layout, then when looking over my desk deciding which stamp set o choose I spotted my pack of Succulent Garden DSP......now if you are familiar with Kylie you will know all about #loveitchopit.



I selected the Mint Macaron design from the DSP - I will so miss this colour.  I couldn't decide between the Whisper White background or Mint Macaron, so decided on making both!  For a little added effect I stamped some "lace" using the Sale-A-Bration Deleicate Details set - this set is yours to choose as your FREEBIE when you spend $90 AUD during Sale-A-Bration, how cool is that! Here is a close up:



My sentiment is from Blooms & Wishes, and cut with an oval using the Stitched framelits and a touch of Linen thread compliments the stamped lace beautifully. 

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project.  I would love to update you when I create a post! If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Stampin' Up news, updates and Sales. 
The Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration are here, it is the most wonderful time of year at Stampin' Up! - click here to see more



Why not turn something you love into so much more....By joining my team and getting the Stampin' Up!® Starter kit for $169 and you get to choose $235 of ANY current Stampin' Up!® product plus during Sale-A-Bration an added bonus of your choice of 2 stamp sets when you join - such a great offer, too good to miss!  I would LOVE to welcome you to my team - Ink Obsession.  JOIN NOW

When shopping  remember to use the current Hostess code displayed at the top of my blog at the check out and you will be eligible for a Thank You gift for for shopping with me  - Learn more here - be sure to click YES that you allow me as your demonstrator to contact you in your account settings otherwise I won't be able to forward your Thank You gift. 

Comments

  1. Oh Sue! These are stunning! So glad you used Designer Series Paper and the famous hashtag! #loveitchopit. Well you showed you love your paper. I'm thrilled you took part in CASEing me this week and I love what you have come up with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the layout and the simplicity but oh so classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherlie, I was surprised how much difference adding the linen thread made, amazing how a little embellishment can make all the difference.

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous Sue! I love that you made two cards - I can't decide which is my favourite either! Thanks so much for taking time to join in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess - yes the agony of choice, so many times the case with SU as the products are so lovely

      Delete
  4. Love these Sue, fabulous DSP choice too...still gotta do it myself haha #loveitchopit that is 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sue ... love both options, but that one with the white background!!!! Very very classy! A big congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! I love these simple designs that can go such a long way. Great use of the DSP and I like your little extras.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful use of these papers! Beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this design Sue - can be made in so many ways as we have seen - love the monochromatic look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - you have made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Folds Stampers Showcase - Hues of Happiness Circle Easel Card

Hello there crafters! You are going to love today's Stamper Showcase Blog Hop - we are all featuring FUN FOLDS, I just love a fun fold, I should really do more of them! I decided to a Circle Easel Card, it's a smaller card, but I think you will agree is just super cute, and with the Hues of Happiness DSP is just Gorgeous! This card is a relatively simple for a fun fold and comes together very quickly - I think I spent more time doing the floral arrangement than the actual fun fold itself. I took advantage of being able to die cut images directly from the Hues of Happiness DSP - I love it when we can do this with DSP, and aren't the flowers just stunning! I took 3 different flowers and some foliage and arranged to fit within the Basic White Circle cut from the largest circle die in Layering Circles Dies set, and the largest scallop die is used for the coloured section of the card. To create the card base you need to fold a piece of card stock and positon the largest die slig...

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D Projects

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds & 3D project Blog Hop. We're so excited to share our creations with you and we're certain that you will find great tips and inspiration from all our creations. The full lineup below will help you move along the hop, so grab a cuppa and enjoy! I've created a project using one of my favourite fun folds - a "z-fold", using the Snowflakes Sentiments Bundle The thinlits give the card lots to detail, and did take a bit of time to put together, but hey if I'm honest I overthink the the placement of the swirls and snowflake sentiments like 3 - 4 times before I stick them down, hahaha!, but I must say every minute was worth it, I am really happy with the finished card. Perfect Plum made the perfect companion for Soft Sky and Marina Mist and I also designed the height of the card so that when it folds flat it will fit in a normal C6 envelope Thanks so much for stopping by. I hop...

Thank you for everything Hues of Happiness

Hello crafty friends, I'm using one of my favourite layouts today with the simply gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP . I decided to make the card using Pool Party cardstock to complement the blue flowers in a bed of purples, I think it turned out lovely. I added detail to the card front by using the Scalloped edge from the Scalloped Contours Dies , and heat embossed a sentiment in silver from the Color & Contour stamp set .  To finish I added a touch of bling with Rhinestone  Basic Jewels . Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.  I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator I'd love to be yours.  Hues of Happiness DSP Scalloped Contour Dies   Colo...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop | Special Guest France Martin

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this month we have France Martin or "Frenchie" as you may know of her joining us as special guest.   When scrolling through Frenchie's blog and You Tube tutorials in noticed that Fun Fold cards popped up from time to time, I love fun folds! Now I knew what I would CASE, the problem though...... which style?  I decided to take the challenge of a Z-fold card as I hadn't done one of these before, below is Frenchie's card: Rather than butterflys, I opted to showcase the gorgeous new Falling Flowers  Bundle  from the 2016-2017 Catalogue to decorate my card I procrastinated for quite some time, then just went free for all stamping in Basic black and die cutting the flowers, I water coloured the images using an Aqua Painter then laid them on the diagonal edges and worked on the arrangement,  and oh my!... I am so happy with the result!  H ere is my card I used the full height and wi...

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop September 2015 - Holiday Catalogue

It's that time again; Crazy Crafters Monthly Blog Hop, come join the fun and see our inspiration from our projects featuring items from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue. There are so many fantastic items in the the Holiday Catalogue - where do I begin! I fell in love with the Snow Place stamp set when I set eyes on it - so versatile, you get to pick and choose how you dress up your little snow buddies   with the Snow Friends Framelits dies  and create unique characters - mix and match with all of their accessories! Remember- if you purchase the Snow Place Stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits as as a bundle you save 15% First card of the rank here is my daughter's choice - she wanted to see the adorable penguin in action, except she couldn't choose how to dress them, so I ended up with 2 cards! I've used Whipser White with Soft Sky cardstock and ink, I edged the card using my two-way glue pen then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds. Smok...